The 36 inch unicycle QX Disc comes in package with a disc brake for a really good price! Disc brakes tend to perform equally well in all conditions including water mud, and snow and offers a better control.
The Q-Axle disc-brake unicycles are the successor of the QX disc-braked unicylces. The ISIS axle has here been replaced by a technique that has been used in the cycle industry since 2002: The axle has a 24mm diameter instead of the ISIS-typical 22mm and is more hollow which makes it lighter (the bigger diameter allows a thinner wall). The cranks are no longer tightened as much on the axle as possible - but precisely positioned by an alloy cap and then fixed by tightening 2 allen-key-screws on the crank. The crank-connection has less wear and is more resistant to frequent assembly/dissassembly. Also, just like from tapersquare to ISIS, the connection-surface that transfers the pedaling-power is bigger.
Thanks to the more hollow-drilled axle, already the hub is more than 130g lighter than its ISIS-predecessor. It also makes the axle stiffer. As the bearings still keep the same outer-diameter, the hubs are compatible with all ISIS-ready-frames.
- Wheel size: 36
- Color: White, black
- Frame: QX alloy disc-frame with gauge-guide (clips)
- Saddle: Qu-ax QX Eleven
- Seat post: 25.4 mm alloy seatpost, black anodized, diamond-knurled surface
- Seat clamp: 2-bolt seatclamp, black, QX-series
- Tire: 36 x 2 1/4 Inch (52-774) TA tire
- Valve: Schrader Valve
- Rim: Aluminum, black, double walled
- Hub: Q-Axle Disc-hub, red
- Cranks: 145mm cranks, anodized grey
- Pedals: QX pedals, transparent
- Brake: Shimano Disc / two-piece 160mm rotor
- Number of Spokes: 36
- Weight: 7.05kg incl. brake + rotor!
- Leg length: comes later